The History of Kohler Credit Union
For nearly 80 years, Kohler Credit Union has proudly served our members, from our humble beginnings in Kohler to the eight Wisconsin counties we currently serve today.
- Kohler Credit Union is established and incorporated for Kohler Co. employees.
- New Kohler Office opened at 850 Woodlake Road.
1980 - 1982
- Formed independent credit union.
- Expanded charter to include anyone in Herman, Kohler, Lima, Wilson, Plymouth, and Mosel.
- Charter expanded to all of Sheboygan County.
- Plymouth Branch opened at 2303 Eastern Avenue.
- Howards Grove Branch opened at 724 Madison Avenue.
- Taylor Drive Branch opened at 831 South Taylor Drive.
- Newly constructed Howards Grove Branch opened.
- All Polar Ware employees eligible to be members.
- Calumet Drive Retail Branch opened inside Pick 'n Save at 2213A Calumet Drive.
- Financial Center opened at 905 South Taylor Drive next to Aldi's across from the Taylor Branch.
- Expanded charter to anyone living or working in Sheboygan, Calumet, Fond du Lac, Manitowoc, Ozaukee, or Washington counties.
- Employees of Curt Joa and Kohler General were added to membership charter.
- Mobile Unit started.
- All Plymouth Foam employees added to membership charter.
- Saukville Branch opened at 840 East Green Bay Avenue.
- South High School Branch opened at 3128 South 12th Street.
- North High School Branch opened at 1042 School Avenue.
- Grafton Branch opened at 2550 Washington Street.
- Calumet Drive Branch closes in June.
- Kohler Credit Union merges with St. Nicholas Credit Union.
- Howards Grove High School Branch opened at 401 Audubon Rd.
- Expanded charter to anyone living or working in Sheboygan, Calumet, Fond du Lac, Manitowoc, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington or Waukesha counties.
- Mequon Branch opened at 11357 N. Port Washington Road.
- Kohler Credit Union merges with Our Lady of Good Hope Credit Union.